Activity of the Scientific Center of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) treatment and counseling;
5) postgraduate education;
6) grant research;
7) curatorial assistance.
The scientific potential is 15 doctors of sciences and more than 19 candidates of medical sciences. Fundamental and applied nature of scientific research is aimed at the prevention of obstetric and perinatal complications from new international positions, the introduction of assisted reproductive technologies, the modification of reconstructive-plastic and organ-preserving surgeries for the restoration of reproductive function. The results of the obtained results were developed in scientific directions: perinatal biochemistry and perinatal pathomorphology.
Developed and implemented innovative technologies are unique and first introduced in the Republic of Kazakhstan and meet the criteria:
1. Uniqueness + clinical effectiveness and safety + social significance:
2. Molecular-cytogenetic diagnosis of chromosomal diseases in the intrauterine fetus
3. Intrauterine blood transfusion in the presence of a resuscular pregnancy
4. A method for diagnosing intrauterine fetal hypoxia
5. Lymphocyte-immunotherapy for miscarriage
In the center's clinic, there are 147 beds for pregnant women, puerperas, gynecological patients and newborns. With the aim of improving the quality of medical care, effective technologies have been introduced in the country: "Safe motherhood", "Neonatal resuscitation", "Pregnant nurse care", "Emergency care and standards for obstetric hemorrhages, preeclampsia and eclampsia during pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium ". Annually, the Center's clinic provides highly specialized obstetric and gynecological care to more than 7,000 high-risk pregnant women and gynecological patients from various regions of Kazakhstan, of which more than 80% fall to the share of residents of the Southern region of the republic (Almaty, Mangistau, SKO, Kzylorlina, Dzhambul and others). The increased volume of care relates to the most severe forms of nosology. So the increase in treated pregnant women with severe extragenital pathology in the stage and decompensation and subcompensation was 1.5 - 2 times. More than 70% of pregnant women are hospitalized with severe extragenital and obstetric pathology. The increase due to the need for early delivery of the number of preterm births to -10.9% did not affect the deterioration of perinatal indicators. Annually, the department of resuscitation receives treatment for up to 350 newborns with extremely low and low body weight.
The Center has 27 scientific and clinical units, including scientific departments and laboratories:
Scientific and clinical laboratories with appropriate equipment for scientific research are certified at the international level:
Laboratory of Endocrinology - Certificate of Parcticipation EQAS External Quality Assurance Services Laboratory 9948 Cycle 32: August 2008-January 2009
Laboratory of Biochemistry - Certificate of Achievement EQAS External Quality Assurance Services SCOGP 9948 and Clinical Chemistry Cycle 38: November 2011- April 2012
Laboratory of Medical Genetics - ISO 13485 RIQAS Prenatal Screening Delfia
The Center is the base for the implementation of new obstetric, perinatal and gynecological technologies:
1. The Republican Center for Endoscopic Gynecology, where the training and the cycles of improvement of doctors are provided by the method of endosurgery in gynecology.
2. The Republican Medical Genetic Consultation carries out consultative and therapeutic and diagnostic work in the Republic of Kazakhstan
3. For a single and integral system for monitoring the genetic health of the nation, the National Telematics System
4. The National Genetic Register of the Republic of Kazakhstan was established and implemented on the basis of the Center in 1998.
The Center is the Base for the preparation of residents, scientific personnel and doctors, conducting master classes and improving skills in obstetrics, gynecology and perinatology, anesthesiology and resuscitation, medical genetics, prenatal and functional diagnostics. For 2013, training was conducted on thematic cycles - 392 people. Of these, 187 are advanced training, 163 people were trained in the master class and 42 people were trained at the training.